You can easily enjoy Calm Radio on any Android smartphone or tablet with an OS of 4.4.4 or higher.
How do I get the Calm Radio app on my Android smartphone or tablet?
Download our free app from the
Play Store app on your device. (Search "Calm Radio")
(App looks like the icon below)
How do I log in to Calm Radio and play channels on my Android smartphone/tablet?
- After the app has fully downloaded, select and open the blue CALM RADIO icon on your device’s Home screen.
- Sign in, or Sign up for an account (Press Sign In / Sign Up).
- The app will start on the HOME screen, where you can select a channel for playback or see your favorite channels (or you can go to the MUSIC menu for more channel options).
- Swipe up or down to see available categories, and swipe left or right to view available channels.
- Select any channel to start playing.
- You will now be taken to the NOW PLAYING section. You can tap the album cover to see the song information at any time.
Add to "Favourites"
Use the "heart" icon in the top right corner to add the currently playing channel to your Favorites sub-section in the MUSIC menu, for easy recall of your favorites
Calm Radio’s Android App Features
* Add up to 3 additional Nature Sound channels to create your own Multimix
* Track skip
* Equalizer feature to customize sound
* HD 320K audio
Choose stunning background videos
Improvements for visually-impaired users
Sleep/Wake timer feature
* starred features only available for Premium subscribers
Casting to your TV using Chromecast
- Open the Calm Radio app on your android device
- Select the channel you wish to play
- In the lower corner beside the Pause/Play menu select the icon with the 3 dots
- In the drop down menu select "Chromecast" and then pair your device
Main Settings/Account Menu
Pressing the "More" menu will bring you to the MAIN SETTINGS/ACCOUNT menu, letting you:
- Edit your Account Details or reset your password
- Pick an Equalizer to customize your sound (*premium subscribers only)
- access the SETTINGS menu, enabling you to
- select BITRATE (for slower connections)
- select Direct or PORT 80 streams (Port 80 streams are for playback behind firewalls)
- select RESTORE IN-APP PURCHASE - If you don't see your in-app purchases. (If you restored from a backup, or you deleted and reinstalled an app that you've made in-app purchases for)
- select Language
Adding Nature Sounds (Multimixer)
Calm Radio’s Android app for both handheld and tablet devices features our patented Multimixing capability.
- To add a nature sound layer, simply use the “+” icon to the left of the volume slider
- Select a layer and it will start to play with the music.
- To adjust the volume of either channel, simply use the volume icon beside each layer.